STRATEGIES TO BUILD, MEASURE AND PLAN FOR SCHOOL CLIMATE AND STUDENT ENGAGEMENT
This training will go beyond building capacity, as it will equip school site staff with practical tools to develop consistent plans that assess, address and manage School Climate and Student Engagement. Participants will learn proven strategies that align with the LCAP priorities that require schools to implement and measure activities that increase student engagement and build a positive school climate for all students.
Participants will learn (YPAR) Youth Participatory Action Research strategies that seek to engage youth leaders in the process of data collection and action planning. This training is a must for LCAP committees and PBIS/MTSS Teams!
Training Topics Include:
- Target core campus issues impacting School Climate, using data to track and monitor progress
- Trend local behavior utilizing the Direction Survey and Resource Database
- Develop accountability plans that seek to build measurable student engagement and a positive school climate
- Develop a calendar of activities that engage students, staff and parents in meaningful participation and measure how activity implementation impacts school climate
$50.00 per person
- 3 month unlimited access to the Direction Survey and Resource Database per site
- Ongoing online technical support
- All materials and handouts
Trainer: John Vandenburgh
John works with organizations across the country seeking to enhance school climate and student engagement. John has presented his work for the Office of Homeland Security on building Safe Schools, the California Attorney General Gang Prevention Summit, and the National Youth At Risk Center on Building Effective Peer to Peer Programs. He is the Author of the PLUS Program, Co-Author of the National Youth At Risk Bully Survey and the Founder of Direction Survey.