PLUS in the News:
PLUS Program helps Raise Graduation Rates!
Featured on PBS
Watch the PBS article to learn how the Stockton Unified School District's PLUS Program helped turn around its graduation rate, going from a "dropout factory" to a success story.
In 2012, the Stockton Unified School District refocused on the implementation of a strong School and Law Enforcement Partnership and PLUS Program development that serves to Protect, Connect and Educate all kids.
This PBS news article details the success of the Stockton USD efforts in creating a safe school environment and keeping kids in school and off the streets. When kids are connected, feel safe and have meaningful participation in schools, the outcomes can lead to significant changes on school campuses and in community.
Evidence-based interventions are practices or programs that have evidence to show that they are effective at producing results and improving outcomes when implemented. The kind of evidence described in ESSA has generally been produced through formal studies and research. Under ESSA, there are four tiers, or levels, of evidence:
- Tier 1 – Strong Evidence: supported by one or more well-designed and well-implemented randomized control experimental studies.
- Tier 2 – Moderate Evidence: supported by one or more well-designed and well-implemented quasi-experimental studies.
- Tier 3 – Promising Evidence: supported by one or more well-designed and well-implemented correlational studies (with statistical controls for selection bias).
Interventions applied under Title I, Section 1003 (School Improvement) are required to have strong, moderate, or promising evidence (Tiers 1–3) to support them.
Register now for an upcoming conference!
The PLUS program sponsors multiple conferences throughout the school year. Working with Universities, State Departments, County Offices and School Districts from across the country, PLUS Staff members can find a variety of professional development conferences to attend. Conferences include:
- School Climate Conference
- Safe Schools Conference
- EDU Data Conference
- Stop School Violence Summit
Visit PCE Solutions to learn more - www.pcesolutions.org